Jumo is a d/b/a name of Medikidz USA, Inc. (“Jumo”). Jumo is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. Here, we explain how personal information you give on www.jumohealth.com, www.jumoconnect.com (the “Site”) or on any of our mobile applications that we may make available from time to time (“Applications”) is collected, how your personal information will be used by us, and what controls you have.
This policy may change from time to time so please check back. This policy was last updated on December 7, 2017.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES JUMO COLLECT?
“Personal information” is information that enables us to identify you, such as your email address and name. We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- information such as your name, email, postal address, telephone number and date of birth;
- in connection with our account onboarding process, your password details;
- details of any purchases or requests made by you through the Site or any Application;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or submit a query;
- information from surveys, offers and promotions that we may, from time to time run on the Site or any Application, if you choose to respond or take part in them; and
- information or images that you post or volunteer in the form of comments, blogs or contributions to discussions.
You do not have to give any give personal information to us, however we may not be able to provide you with certain services if you do choose to withhold information we ask for.
When you visit the Site or access or use any Application, we may also automatically collect additional information about your computer or mobile device such as the type of internet browser or device you use, any website from which you have come to the Site or Application and your IP address (the number which identifies your computer or device on the internet) and the operating system for your computer or device, which are automatically recognized by the Site. We use this information to help us provide an effective service on the Site or Application and to help us understand the different types of visitors to our Site or Application.
HOW DOES JUMO USE MY INFORMATION?
We use the information we collect about you to help us understand more about how our Site and Applications are used, to operate our services and to send you communications about the Jumo service, but only where you ask to receive news from Jumo.
In particular we use the personal information you provide so that we can:
- identify you when you sign-in to your account;
- verify, process and deliver your personalized content or orders;
- provide you with information offered and which you request;
- analyze the Site and Applications to learn how many visitors we receive and what parts are visited in order to research how to improve our content and the services we offer;
- enable you to share our content with others through your social media account; and
- send you news from Jumo if you ask for this.
If you ask to receive news or other information from Jumo by turning on the toggle switch found in your account settings, you are free to change your mind at any time.
Future enhancements to our Site and Applications will mean that we will also use your information to handle or reply to you about any comment you submit on blogs, discussion forums and other services we provide.
WITH WHOM DOES JUMO SHARE MY INFORMATION?
From time to time we may use agents or contractors to help us in providing the services we offer through the Site or Applications such as in hosting the Site or processing transactions and fulfilling requests. Our agents and contractors will only use your information on our behalf, and only receive the minimum amount of information necessary to perform their functions for us.
We may disclose your information if we are legally entitled or required to do so (for example where required by law or by a court order or if we believe that this action is necessary to prevent fraud or cybercrime or to protect the Site or Application or the rights, property or personal safety of any person. Personally-identifying details you provide on the Site will not be used to send unsolicited email, nor will they be sold or passed to others for this purpose, without your permission.
In the event that we undergo reorganization or are sold, you agree that your information may be transferred to that reorganized entity or purchaser.
Cookies are pieces of information that include a unique reference code that a website transfers to your computer or mobile device to store and sometimes track information about you. A number of cookies we use will last only for the duration of your session on our Site or Application and expire when you end your session and close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site or Application and last for longer.
Necessary session management
- we use a cookie for the duration of your session on our Site to manage your login session so you can move easily from one page to another within the Site and so that your page requests are loaded in smooth and secure manner; and
- to remember any products you select in our online store so that these can then be presented to you in your shopping cart and we can link your purchase to you.
- we use a cookie to remember that you have used the Site before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to different parts of the Site.
- if you are not registered with the Site and select a product to your shopping cart but do not complete the purchase, we use a cookie to remember your selection for 30 days and show this selection in the shopping cart when you revisit the site; and
- if you select an option that allows Jumo to remember your login details, we use a cookie to encrypt and securely store this preference for 30 days. When you return to the Site within this time frame, we can perform a secure lookup and provide an automatic welcome message for your login.
Below we list the different categories of cookies we may use on the Site.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential to the Site in order to facilitate our log-in process and enable you to move around it and to use its features.
- Functionality Cookies. Functionality cookies allow us to remember the choices you make while browsing the Site and to provide personalized content.
- Security Cookies. Security cookies help us to enable security features to protect users and site integrity.
- Analytics Cookies. Analytics cookies enable us to understand and improve the way the Site and associated plugins perform.
In addition to cookies, we may use similar technology known as web beacons in connection with your use of the Site. These are small image files that may be placed by us on the Site or within the body of our newsletters so we can read a cookie we use and understand which parts of the Site are visited or whether particular content is of interest.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browsers. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site.
WHAT ARE MY CHOICES REGARDING COLLECTION, USE AND DISTRIBUTION OF MY INFORMATION?
If you provided your email or mobile number to us and opted in, we will send you regular information about Jumo. You may opt out of this at any time by turning off this feature in the settings page of your Site account, or by following the unsubscribe instructions in each email or SMS.
We will not use your personally identifiable information for any purpose other than delivering the Site or Applications to you as described in Section 2 of this Policy, except where previously agreed with you.
Protecting the safety of children when they use the internet is very important to us. This Site is not directed to children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 you are required to have an adult enable access for you or you should not use this Site.
WHAT SECURITY PRECAUTIONS ARE IN PLACE TO PROTECT THE LOSS, MISUSE OR ALTERATION OF MY INFORMATION?
Unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Jumo cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Information submitted to Jumo over this Site is unprotected until it reaches us. Once we receive your transmission, we use industry standard efforts designed to ensure it is safeguarded on our systems. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use reasonable efforts to prevent it.
DATA STORAGE AND TRANSFERS; CONSENT TO TRANSFER OF DATA
Information you submit via the Site or an Application is sent to and stored on secure servers in the United States. If you reside in the European Economic Area or other jurisdictions which may require an individual’s express consent prior to transfer of personal information to the United States, you hereby give such express consent to the transfer of your personal information to our servers in the United States for uses in accordance with this Policy.
By using the Site or an Application you consent to the collection and use of the information you provide to us in accordance with the contents of this policy.
YOUR RECORDS AND CONTACTING JUMO
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to Jumo. If you change your email address or if information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please update your profile in the settings page of your account on the Site.
As mentioned above, you have a right to change your mind about continuing to receive Jumo communications where you previously asked to receive these communications from us. Please send any questions, requests comments or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Attention: Customer Care
205 Lexington Avenue, 16th Floor
New York, New York 10016